09 August 2009

Relapse

I used to shop as a way of coping with stress. I hate to admit, I did it a little bit today. Mind you, I bought things I needed (mostly), but when all is bought and brought home, those stressors are still there. Buying the kitchen stuff and backpack and porch table did not change my circumstances.


And now, an explanation for my absence. (Not that I owe it to anyone... I have a life, yo!) My last post was March 14. On March 9 I had two job interviews, one of which landed me a job almost immediately. On March 17 I was officially hired at an assisted living facility in Southeast Portland, specifically working in the Alzheimer's unit as a caregiver. No, it's not a CNA position, but at that point I knew I had to take it; I had no other choice, and I'm not that dense to not see it was straight from God! I started out doing two swing shifts and one noc (that is, night, or graveyard) shift a week. On April 15 (less than one month!) I was offered to train as a med aide, which was a promotion of sorts. I trained as a med aide on the noc shift, and for a while only worked on med aide shift every once in a while, then once a week, then filling in for some vacancies, and at the beginning of July (well, when I got back from California) I was finally given a set full-time schedule. I work the same four nights a week, with weekends free to boot! Also, after being there three months I became eligible for health and dental insurance. My mom is so proud of me for that! Haha. It's almost $50 out of every paycheck... oi!

The LORD has greatly blessed me. His Providence is astonishing, never ceasing to amaze me. He has shown me this year that He will always give me exactly what I need, exactly when I need it, and will always enable me to do exactly what He wants me to do. I've been so stinkin' blessed with a wonderful church family, especially in my cell group, and other friends in Portland who lift me up and demonstrate to me that I am not alone.

Also, I moved. I was so blessed to live with some friends from Multnomah when I first moved to Portland. They really helped me out, giving me a place to live, charging me a very small amount for rent, and encouraging me as I worked on getting myself established in Portland. After a few months, some of my own feelings of my living situation coincided with an invitation from two friends from my cell group to move in with them. I knew almost right away that it was right move. It was actually only three houses down the street! I'm very, very, very, very, very happy in my new house. My housemates are great, and I know it's what's best for me. The LORD provides! God is good all the time! All the time, God is good!

I went to California in July, but that's a post for another day. I'm currently listening to Taylor Swift, my summer obsession. I'm going to take a nap before work tonight. Have a good day, o three readers, you!

0 comments: