21 September 2007

Freedom


"Almira Gulch. Just because you own half the town doesn't mean that you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!"


This is my new baby. Her name is Miss Gulch. Maybe she's not much to look at, maybe she a bit too rusty and a bit too squeaky. And I'm sure in her day she wasn't that much anyway.

But she's mine.

I will work on her. I will treat her well. I will pour my time and money into her. I will take her on regular trips around the city.

Why?

Because she is my ticket to freedom. She will get me off this campus. She will give me independence. She will inspire me to such great heights.

1 comments:

Laura Grace said...

I'm proud.
She's pretty.
And she has a name.
Perfect-o.